Thursday, February 25, 2010

A New Facebook Friend: Ellen DeGeneres


If I were given the opportunity to have someone famous as a facebook friend, I would like it to be Ellen DeGeneres. When I moved to college, I started to share a room with a friend of mine from back home. She is an avid fan of Ellen’s show and watches it daily at four o’clock. Without realizing it, I caught myself consumed in Ellen’s performances and I thoroughly enjoy her giving attitude.
“Live, dance, conquer” are the three words Ellen believes everyone should live by. Somehow in each show she assists at least one, if not numerous, viewers in need by giving them the gift of money or a simple get away if they are under stressful situations. At the beginning of each show she dances through the crowd, lifting spirits and creating an atmosphere impossible not to enjoy.
Not only do I enjoy her show, but after watching it I have become more aware of her involvement in other activities. She has appeared in many commercials and played the voice of Dory in the kids film Finding Nemo. Ellen is currently the fourth judge on America Idol and her presence brings not only truthfulness to the contestants, but also a taste of humor to everyone watching. She largely promotes rescuing animals instead of purchasing the normal puppy fresh from the litter. This perfectly mirrors her personality as a caring woman willing to make any situation a better one.
As a facebook friend of Ellen, I would have the opportunity to gain a better knowledge of everything Ellen promotes or participates in as far as helping others. Although she may not be a world changing individual, like Martin Luther King Jr. or Albert Einstein, I’m interested in her attempt to slowly, yet effectively, make the world a more enjoyable place.

3 comments:

  1. Ellen would be a fun famous person to be a face book friend with. She would give many opportunitys to gain a better knowladge of what she promotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I am not a huge fan of Ellen, your blog does a good job at going into detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i secretly enjoy watching ellen's show. shhh, dont tell anyone

    ReplyDelete